Ely Buendia and Francis Magalona's In Love And War and Pokemon and Bears

 Pokemons are awesome. And I guess signatures, too.

Hey just because I like velociraptors and I'm pissed at iPhones being blendered doesn't mean I simply like Ely Buendia and Francis Magalona's In Love and War. Because I don't. I respect it. And this is a review of the album from an artist whose wet palm I mistook for not just a god's and whose SM City Cebu concert I felt satisfyingly stupid to be a part of. It was also an ego-fest for me, because I made a joke there with people I was jamming with and it goes like this:

"Sikat siguro ni siya sa?"
Tagalog translation: Siguro sikat to si Ely Buendia.
English: Wow, this Ely Buendia guy must be really popular!

1. Higante - A song for your enemy, like your mother's son, your brother's father, parking lot bears and parking lot people.

2. Bleeder - It reminds you of getting a tattoo.

3. Bus Stop - I wrote in SunStar about a girl and a boy under an umbrella in the rain and if this song hadn't been too upbeat, this might be the theme song for the piece:

"That's me with Syn's head! A dream come true! Also, that's cotton candy she's holding. "



4. Buzzkill - I don't know how to jump a gun without googling it or doing an urbandictionary search. Gloc 9's rap says a lot about my wish not to ever attempt a "Guess how smart I am when I met Ely and threw a joke at him?". "Dry like a raincoat"'s irony's annoying.

PROMOTED

SUPPORT BY CLICKING HERE: https://invol.co/clj47nv 



5. Dreamdate -  If you wish for Panda bears, they poop a lot, so be careful what you wish for. Applies for dates, too. Also, the song says a lot about how all dates you dream of dating are most certainly nightmare douchies. Except when it's me, obviously.

6. Hands On - This is not for me.

7. Bum Ticker - I did an urbandictionary search about it and I learned it's an american slang for a bad heart. So now you know there's a song for that.

8. Wasak Waltz - I respect and favorite this song. Although "Wasak na Pagsasamahan" is ambiguous and that's not a quality you'd want a personal song to have.



9. It's All Right, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding) - This is not one of the few Bob Dylan songs I religiously listen to.

10. Unstrung Heroes- It's proof that you can never have enough of The World Cup and this is one of the two songs in Francis Magalona and Ely Buendia's In Love and War album that I'm storing in my hard drive. And the last bit where Francis Magalona wants you to have less blood? It's REALLY cheerful and REALLY not creepy at all.
----------
UPDATE:  A retweet from The Man himself. I am grateful. Of course this is the most important thing you should know about me.

Need to message me? Contact me here: BISAYAFILMS FACEBOOK PAGE

Popular Posts