How To Improve The Brillante Mendoza Film Festival To Stop Wasting Electricity of Cebu City

1. Two of us from the Media you invited couldn't attend the Brillante Film Festival, so our invitation was wasted, and a wasted invitation means we wasted energy in printing the invitation, and wasting the environment is not a very Brillante Mendoza thing to do. So maybe don't make the screening of the movies at 8a.m. in the morning where even director Remton Zuosela of the movie Swap is still asleep? 

And yes, saying that it's the students that we're targeting at 8a.m. means we're preying on the weak, because students may have no choice but to attend the unholy schedule because their teachers force them to do so or else they fail their Humanities class. Everything by force is ugly. U.P. students, can you relate?

2. If we advertise the Sinag Film Festival here in Cebu, can we at least get the films screened here in our Cebu City? It's awkward to advertise here in SM City Seaside a film festival that will only be held in Manila. If we can't get the film festival screened here, do we need to promote it in Cebu?

3. Let Brillante Mendoza and Remton Zuosela watch a Bisaya Short Film entitled "Maynila Sa Mga Kuko Ng Liwanag ng Ayala" because Brillante said in the SM Seaside press conference attended by Bisaya Short Films that Lino Brocka's Maynila Sa Kuko Ng Liwanag is his inspiration and because Remton is Cebuano and Bisaya Short Films is a Cebuano art renaissance-postmodern project. And because me, Richard Abad, is the creator of this Bisaya Short Film.


4. Just merge The Brillante Mendoza Film Festival with whatever is happening with The My City My SM My Art Project to save time and energy, and to gather more following for the Brillante Mendoza Film Festival because the My City audience can also join with Brillante. Also, separating the Film medium from My City My Art separates film from art, which is just plain silly. Watch this coverage of My City My SM My Art coverage to see it for yourself:





Need to message me? Contact me here: BISAYAFILMS FACEBOOK PAGE

Popular Posts