Stories So Far: January 2014

1. There's now a cure for hair loss where you get to extract foreskin from an uncircumcised penis of a baby, says Time. There's already a cure for AIDS borne to children from an infected mother. AI is dead, because it's been overly hyped; all A.I. right now might just be what A.I. in the 60s is was (but it's a present fact whose part is in the past, how should it be?).

2. There's more books to listen, and music to read, and movies to hear. Newsroom is beautiful, but Aaron Sorkin's long talk is just as annoying as Seth MacFarlane had made it appear in his parody of how Aaron Sorkin writes long, fast dialogue to appear clever and genuine. I say the long fast talk is authentic, because as Ricky Gervais has put it, we all talk all the bull because, as Socrates said, it is in the talking that we hope we can arrive at the truth we need. John Gallagher and Pill's chemistry's a charm and Mortimer and Bridges' talking can make you weep.

3. I didn't finish yet Nick Offerman's Paddle Your Own Canoe, The Stoner, Elleanor Catton's Luminaries, Brothers Karamazov, James Salter's All That Is, but loved them all so far. I finished E.E. Cummings' 100 Poems. I did finish Games of Thrones, which is I think all Shakespeare wanted his stories to look like in HBO and Torrent-shared format.

Need to message me? Contact me here: BISAYAFILMS FACEBOOK PAGE

Popular Posts