James Marsden and Nicholas Sparks' Best of Me Might Be About Incest AsA Product of Love

A photo I took before I watched Best of Me

1. I know I'm watching a Nicholas Sparks movie because I'm sitting between two couples that I have to smoothly shush to shut up.

2. The movie feels sincere, very Soap Opera Pinoy but it's alienating us, the cynic romantics who are in love more with words than love itself. Movie's not bad because all its conflict is resolved judgment-free, and the makers understand that "killing a son" is considered morally right by an unmedicated unloved mentally ill father and all a "normal" person should do is not to hurt or shoot or kill or hate back. Unless you have to. In which case go back to No. 2.

Besides, in the words of David Foster Wallace interpreted by a charming idiot, you have to hug a rapist.

3. Best of Me is about a man who had a girlfriend then lost her and then had her again and then lost her again because somebody important died and then she got him back again but only because of his heart. 

And no, by heart I don't mean in like a zombie eats heart kind of way. It's more of a " the girlfriend can now reminisce the softcore Rated-R moments she had with boyfriend simply by feeling up the heartbeat of her son" kind of way. Ask me why: bisayawriter@gmail.com, but buy me coffee first.

Yes, you read me right: Best of Me just became as incestuous and "pedophiliac" as Game of Thrones and Vladimir Nabokov's Lolita. So who the cheesy now, brother?
Thank You Viva Films via The Chiqui for the Media pass.

#OhMaGadBestofMeIsSoCheezyAndImSoSmartAndIronicAndCleverForSayingThis


Need to message me? Contact me here: BISAYAFILMS FACEBOOK PAGE

Popular Posts