A Letter for Star Wars Director J.J. Abrams From A Filipino Cat

Dear J.J.:


Hello My Homie.

I am writing this while my girlfriend is lying on my left armpit and sleeping, and just a few hours after we read a letter Ted Hughes wrote for his suicidal son. How are you responding to the success of your movie? Btw, I like it when Jessica Zafra said " that the real batlles of the filmmakers in Star Wars 7 are about to come ", because although your Star Wars: The Force Awakens is a fun masterful movie whose likelihood to impress all kinds of viewers is outstanding and humbling because you didn't try to impress us with originality, your real battle is to make a Star Wars that's truly your own.

In your Star Wars The Force Awakens, I felt a series of random bursts of sleepiness, fascination, delight, and most importantly, a clamoring shock that might have put me down so into tears, that I might consider seeing an emotional therapist.

Also, your movie understands that due respect is given for filmmakers who put their egos behind and instead just make a movie that is fun to watch, that's not trying to be original so hard the movie turns into a mess, and that has the liberating existentialist heart to remind every viewer that Everyone You Love Dies. 

So thank you. Thank you for giving me what your focus groups probably calculated as The Thing Suckers Like Me Would Want To Watch In The Next Star Wars. Thank you for The Adam Driver experience that reminds me of how parents' abandonment can turn their children into psychopaths that you surprisingly can root for because you understand the unspeakable anger and pain of being neglected.

Anyway, why not come here to Cordova, Philippines and shoot a Bisaya Short Film version of your next Star Wars? Film and Media Arts International can help us.

Yours,
The Award-Winning Cat



Need to message me? Contact me here: BISAYAFILMS FACEBOOK PAGE

Popular Posts