A Philosophical Movie Review of "Deadpool" Written By Deadpool Using Ideas From Albert Camus' The Rebel


"...their corruption is so dangerous, so active, that they have no other aim in printing their monstrous works than to extend beyond their own lives the sum total of their crimes; they can commit no more, but their accursed writings will lead others to do so, and this comforting thought which they carry with them to the tomb consoles them for the obligation that death imposes on them of renouncing this life.Thus his rebellious writings bear witness to his desire for survival. "- Albert Camus, The Rebel



I liked my movie. I made it fun, self-aware, but not too self-aware that David Foster Wallace can call it pretentiously self-aware. I made sure the movie's self-deprecating, then it's also simultaneously childish and unpretentious. It's entertainment, the kind of dumb entertainment that Eckhart Tolle in his Power of Now book says will put your mind in the State Below Thought, so you don't have to think anything the entire time you're watching me kill because, you know, I put you in the state of the now, which what Marijuana and other narcotics do. I will make you feel smart by watching me make jokes about Love Being Blind, and I will make you tell your friends that I Break The Sixteenth Wall, and you will get respect from how smart you appear to them. You're welcome. "


I am reminded of this thought by David Foster Wallace about the marketing trick these days that if a product is aware that it's not cool, then it's cool. That's how I made my movie. Here's another David Foster Wallace quote about irony and how sarcasm is a defense of people who are so lonely, they might kill people like me:"

 I find gifted ironists sort of wickedly funny to listen to at parties, but I always walk away feeling like I’ve had several radical surgical procedures. And as for actually driving cross-country with a gifted ironist, or sitting through a 300-page novel full of nothing by trendy sardonic exhaustion, one ends up feeling not only empty but somehow. . .oppressed.
  • - David Foster Wallace, E Unibus Pluram: Television and U.S. Fiction 


Love,
Deadpool

Need to message me? Contact me here: BISAYAFILMS FACEBOOK PAGE

Popular Posts