I Have Now Seen Her

Problem: You're lonely and in love with Siri.




Spike Jonze's Her had me think about my romance with gadgets; the kind that involves naming my smartphone and tablet after people I'm very close to. I'm or We are building love for inanimate objects because they don't seem to cause us the kind of pain being invested to a human being does. But as it turned out in Her, even gadgets can cheat on you and leave you for a sexier virus.

That said, Her is an accurate contemporary portrayal of a lonely man's pursuit for human connection, for a customized form of care and a method to come to terms with the sort of math between personal satisfaction and responsibility inherent in loving. And what's a good way to start your pursuit?

Solution: Watch Her.


Need to message me? Contact me here: BISAYAFILMS FACEBOOK PAGE

Popular Posts