Solutions For Cebu From Land Asia Realty And Blade Runner 2049

After watching Blade Runner 2049 and attending the 25th Anniversary of Land Asia, I learned or relearned three things:

1. You can't enjoy anything unless you survive first. The solution to know how to survive? Follow Land Asia's survival strategies.

2. ‎Using Technology comes with hidden risk. The solution? Diversify.

3. ‎Having a college degree is overrated and will sometimes harm you. Keyword is SOMETIMES. The solution? Learn Real Life skills.

Land Asia's 25 Years Of Being In The Business


Where is Friendster now? It's gone. Why? Because businesses come and go. Luck and Lady Fortuna has a lot to say about the survival of a business. Don't believe me? Ask yourself this: if Jollibee really knew how to do business and to be the greatest success, why are they not richer? I mean, if they knew how to really get wealthy, then Jollibee would've been in Africa, Belarus and other countries where there's no Jollibee yet. 

The point is: there is limit to what businessmen know, and luck will play a big part. 




In the case of Land Asia, I suspect that their 25 years of existence has something to do with the fact that they are a family-owned business. Taxi Driver turned Philosopher Nassim Taleb observed that companies that come from a family business last longer, compared to companies run by corporations and people not related by blood. Why? 

Because in family, there is better trust. There's better Skin in The Game. That said, to learn about business survival, my solution is I will definitely follow Land Asia's growth because the fact that they're still in business for 25 years means that they know something that my overpriced low-value Political Science University of San Carlos education doesn't. Although I approve of USC for secondary and sexual reasons.

Hidden Risks of Technology

When I interviewed  Realtor Ricardo ‘Ric’ N. Inting, CIPS of Land Asia Realty and Development Corp., he said that the next step of Land Asia is to use digital technology, such as webinars and lecture. I don't like to suggest anything to Land Asia because I don't want to pay for the price if my suggestion fails and suggesting anything to people is like teaching birds how to fly. 

That said, I would like to state here that the movie Blade Runner 2049 will show that there are hidden risks in these technologies that may cause the survival of a business. Privacy issues. Centralized networks that may wipe out complete data. I hope Land Asia is made aware of these. I hope the Chair and CEO will not cross the street blindfolded.

I think the best solution that I also apply to myself about this is: never trust technology too much. And don't put all in one technology. Diversify.

Overrated Education


Random ideas: Land Asia is a successful business. You too can start a business that may succeed to avoid becoming an employee, which is like being a slave. Anyone is encouraged to do business and discouraged to pay for an overpriced college degree that won't guarantee you a job, even if UP Grad paka. Schools are there to train you to a 9-5 job, to be a robot, to agree on anything because otherwise, you starve. 

Artisans like taxi drivers and janitors won't starve. Everything you need to survive, you will learn by doing trial and error, reading FREE stuff online and learning first-hand information by being in the field, in the streets. Street first, before books. Be street smarts. Scams ang uban schools. Diploma Mills. Don't be a sucker. Be a lion, a wolf, not a sheep. Read Ali Smith's How to be Both. Read Nassim Taleb. Connect these ideas yourself.







Need to message me? Contact me here: BISAYAFILMS FACEBOOK PAGE

Popular Posts