The Article About the Pope, Suicide in UP and Gary Valenciano That You Can’t Read

 
 


This summer I want to write about three things: the peripatetic pope resigning, Gary Valenciano biking and a UP student killing herself. But then I decided not to.

But as an outline I planned to highlight how the symbol of a pope walking instead of buying a BMW car would’ve been a good example for Christians who study medicine and law and business administration because they loove the illusion that people respect them more and they have more value in this earth when they’re doctors and lawyers and philosophy professors and just plain old classic social climbers. This part could get Christians to realize that cars deal with pollution science and science declares that non-public transport cars waste resources better spent for world food. This part of my writing highlights the finity of world resource, the limits of nature, my Earth, the politicians’ dump site. Then in the article I’d say something funny, but simple, and so such smart, and then deliver it with such an impressively witty tone that the reader has no choice but to change hier mind (hier is pronouns his and her combined; in this world, we need to restructure old dead values like buying old stuff and inane grammar rules that are just plain snobbish and dull)

Then I would write in the article something about the great fantastic lives of people who kill themselves for, uhhh, a living, but I would write it in sarcasm and/or irony so the reader gets to understand both the greatness and futility of ending one’s life. Then I’d lure readers to think about whether Jesus Christ actually killed himself by allowing people to kill him. Then I’d say a joke about how Juice is served after each mass since churchgoers say something at the end of it that sounds like, “Salamat sa JUIIIICE.” Then readers would love and like me. Writers write to be liked.

Then for the Gary Valenciano part I’d write about how amazing he is but an impossible example too, hence a miracle. Why does he bike from Antipolo to ASAP center except for the reason that he lives by his words? Why pay thousands of pesos in college/call center agent factories when free college lessons from Yale, Harvard and MIT are free on youtube and there’s pretty much nothing right now that you can’t basically learn online? Why doesn’t TV promote reading, or why does it? And why are you reading this instead of watching Glee or ignoring the Bisaya Short Films people make today? I’d planned on connecting these three issues with James Salter’s A Sport and a Pastime but then who would read it, who would care, right? Right, right.

If anyone is interested to read about such unpublished piece, I have my contact details below:

Bisaya Short Films: youtube.com/posporomaker
Bisaya Short Films Feed: @BisayaFilms

Need to message me? Contact me here: BISAYAFILMS FACEBOOK PAGE

Popular Posts