Don Gerardo Frasco's Waves Is A Gorgeous Movie That's Not About Itself


1. The line in the movie I dislike most: " I don't wanna be with Richard. I want to be with you." But only because my name is Richard and I want to be with the main actress.


2. Waves is a movie about how tavelling to Liloan or to any beach in Cebu can change your mind about a loveless marriage proposal to finally be with the guy who draws tattoo on your back with a Sharpie.


3. The real star in this movie is not Baron, who wears cool shirts I wanna wear, or, Ilona, who's always dressed like she's in a postponed fashion shoot - the real star here is Liloan or Cordova or wherever those Coron Palawan-looking photos are shot.



They should've featured Cebu's food, though. Imagine Baron Geisler professing about her romantic frustration while eating Tuslob Buwa or Chinese Ngohiong or Siomai sa Tisa.

4. Finally, I can read in IMDB the words " Produced by Titay's Rosquillos in Liloan" because of Waves. Thank you, Don Gerardo Frasco. Your movie is gorgeously shot, has a towering cast and makes me want to reconsider my judgment against booking a Piso Fare trip to Coron. I want to say that the editing needs more work, but I won't because Ilona. Because Ilona.


Need to message me? Contact me here: BISAYAFILMS FACEBOOK PAGE

Popular Posts